NEWSLETTER – VOL 1, FEBRUARY 2019
I bring you special greetings from the Connexional Chairman and the Connexional Executive Committee (CEC) of the Association of Methodist Men’s Fellowships. It is the fervent hope of the Connexional Executives that the year 2019 will brings good tidings to all members. Members are expected to meet regularly this year and work towards the achievement of the themes of the Church and Association.
The Association has adopted the Methodist Church Ghana’s theme for use during the 2019 year as follows: “Go and make Disciples of all Nations: Intensifying our teaching in the Men’s Ministry towards Disciple Making” The Association’s focus on the theme is based on the following:
- To reach the man in the Church who are not members of the Fellowship through effective teaching.
- To reach the men outside the Church through effective teaching
- To revive weak brethren and Branches and sustain membership of the Fellowship through effective teaching.
2.0 CONNEXIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (CEC)
The current membership of the Connexional Executive Committee is as follows:
2.1 CONNEXIONAL OFFICERS
- Bro. George Opare Baidu – Connexional Chairman
- Bro. Hayford Asare-Bekoe – Immd. Past Connexional Chairman
- Bro. Edward K. Ofori – Connexional Vice Chairman
- Bro. Ebenezer K. Anowih – Connexional Secretary
- Bro. Kwabena Poku-Karikari – Connexional Treasurer
- Bro. Abraham Aikins – Connexional Public Relations Officer
- Bro. Owusu Boahen – Connexional Asst. Secretary
- Bro. Kwabena Gyabaah Adomah – Connexional Asst. Treasurer
- Bro. Tetteh Carboo – Connex. Asst. Public Relations Officer
- Very Rev. Nana Appau-Gyekye – Connexional Chaplain
2.2 CONNEXIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Bro. Isaac Oscar Odoom – Cape Coast
- Bro. Ken Arthur – Accra
- Bro. Anthony Owusu Amankwatia – Kumasi
- Bro. Fredick Kofi Crankson – Sekondi
- Bro. Ebenezer Seth Brew – Winneba
- Bro. A. K. Imbeah – Koforidua
- Bro. James Ohemeng Agyei – Sunyani
- Bro. Henry Morton Essien – Tarkwa
- Bro. Albert Kwadwo Quainoo – Northern Ghana
- Bro. Paa Kwesi Bioson – Akim Oda
- Bro. Nicholas Agyemang – Effiduase
- Bro. Winfred Ghunney – Obuasi
- Bro. Josiah Nuertey – Tema
- Bro. Edward Antwi-Opoku – Wenchi
- Bro. Elijah Ocansey – Somanya
- Bro. Solomon Adjei Forson(Ag) – Sefwi Bekwai
- Bro. James W. Biney – Foso
- Bro. Francis K. Agyeman-Duah – Goaso
- Bro. Kwame Adane – Nkawkaw
- Bro. Wallace Essuman – Northern Accra
2.3 Foreign Branches
- Bro. Frank Kumakuma Sarpong North America Mission
- Bro. Daniel Ackah United Kingdom
- Bro. James Abeka Holland Mission
Your prayer support and maximum cooperation would be required to enable the Connexional Executive Committee (CEC) successfully steer the affairs of the Association during the year.
3.0 1st Expanded Executive Committee Meeting (ECEC) – Akim Oda 2019
- VENUE: ST. LUKE CATHEDRAL, AKIM ODA
- DATE: May 10 – 12, 2019
3.2 EXPECTED DELEGATES FOR ECEC
Delegates to attend the ECEC comprise the following:
- Connexional Officers
- Diocesan Chairmen
- Diocesan Secretaries
- Diocesan Treasurers
- Past Connexional Chairmen
3.3 DELEGATES’ FEE
Each delegate would be expected to pay a fee of GH₵250.00 to the cover cost of accommodation, meals and Brochure.
3.4 DIOCESAN REPORTS
The closing date for the submission of the 2018 Annual Diocesan Reports was scheduled for January 31, 2019. The Audited Financial Reports were expected to reach the Connexional Secretariat by February 15, 2019. Diocese not yet submitted their reports are to do so as soon as possible.
3.5 BEST ORGANISED DIOCESES
The revised criteria for the selection of Best Organized Diocese as accepted for use by the Executives is attached as Appendix “B”
(i) VACANT POSITION — 2019
- The position of the Connexional Assistant Public Relations Officer had been declared vacant and therefore there will be election to fill the vacancy at the ECEC meeting. The Constitution and bye-laws of the Association Section 8, sub section “v” empowers the Connexional Executive Committee to fill any Vacancy that may occur in the Executive Committee temporarily until the next Biennial Meeting. Please take note that ECEC will act as the General Purpose Council (GPC) in the absence of Conference and report to the Biennial Conference.
- NOMINATION FORM IS ATTACHED AS APPENDIX “A”. DULY COMPLETED FORM SHOULD REACH THE CONNEXIONAL SECRETARIAT BY APRIL 26, 2019.
3.7 ECEC DRESS CODE
All delegates are kindly requested to observe the following dress code during ECEC Meeting.
DAY 1—Friday May 10, 2019 (Opening Session)
- T-shirt with Blue Black Trousers
DAY 2—Saturday 11, 2019:
- DAWN PROGRAMME – Fellowship’s T-shirt with Blue Black Trousers
- Formal Opening of ECEC – Safari Jacket with Blue Black Trousers
- LECTURE – Safari Jacket with Blue Black Trousers
- EVENING SESSION- Fellowship’s T-shirt with Blue Black Trousers
DAY 3—Sunday May 12, 2019
- Thanksgiving/Induction Service: Blue Black Suit with Fellowship’s tie or Political Suit.
- All delegates are expected to bring along their Bible, 2019 Handbook, and Fellowship’s Hymn Book etc. for use during the Conference.
- The Fellowship’s paraphernalia (Cloth, Badges,, T-Shirts, Neck-Ties etc.) would be available for purchase through the Connexional Treasurer:
- That ordering & printing of all paraphernalia and the use of the Association’s logo is the sole responsibility of the Connexional Executive Committee.
3.8. KOOMSON/ ACKAH /ENCHIA LECTURES.
- The fourth in the series of the Koomson/Ackah/Enchia Memorial lectures comes off at Akim Oda on May 11, 2019 and the main Celebrant is the Late Bro. S. K. Antwi. The main speaker would be the Most Rev. Titus Awotwi Pratt. Nearby Dioceses are required to mobilize their members to attend the lecture on Saturday 11th May 2019. The following Dioceses are expected to bring along the minimum number by their names: Accra – 30, Northern Accra – 30, Winneba – 30, Tema – 20, and Koforidua – 20 members. Members from other Dioceses are encouraged to also participate. However members of Akim Oda are to attend the Lecture in full.
3.9 INDUCTION OF ELECTED OFFICERS
The following Connexional Officers end their Stewardship at the ECEC meeting in May 2019
- Bro. Ebenezer Kobina Anowih- Connexional Secretary
- Bro. Abraham Aikins- Connexional PRO,
- Bro. Owusu Boahen- Connexional Asst. Secretary,
- Bro. Tetteh Carboo- Connexional Asst. PRO
The following persons duly elected at the 10th Biennial Conference at Tarkwa will be inducted into office on the 12th May 2019 at St Luke Cathedral, Akim Oda.
- Bro. Owusu Boahen – Connexional Secretary
- Bro. Tetteh Carboo Connexional PRO
- Bro. Isaac Oscar Odoom -Connexional Asst. Secretary
- Connexional Assistant PRO – To be elected at ECEC.
The 2019 Handbook had been distributed. The Connexional Executive Committee is grateful to the Connexional Chaplain, Very Rev. Nana Appau-Gyekye and the Accra Diocesan Chaplain Very Rev. Peter K. Ansah Eshun for the compilation and printing of the 2019 Handbook. All Men’s Fellowship members are encouraged to own copies of the Handbook and participate fully in the Fellowship’s meetings at the Branch Level
5.0 2019 QUIZ
The Lay Movement Council would organize a Quiz this year. The Association would organize its quiz ahead to select its representatives. The Diocesan Councils are advised to submit two (2) participants for the quiz which would be held on 26th April 2019 our CEC meeting in Kumasi. The study documents are as follows:
- The Book of Nehemiah Chapters 1- 13(NIV)
- Lay@ 60. Chapters 5&6 and the Appendix 1.
- The Methodist Constitution and Standing Orders –
- Deed of Foundation
- its origin and Beliefs.
- H. Amissah Lectures Book- Chapter 1
7.0 PROPERTY AND INVESTMENTS
7.1 UPDATE ON THE METHODIST RETREAT CENTRE PROJECT ETC.
Members should take note that the fourth phase of the project is on-going and members are encouraged to visit, advertise and take advantage of this opportunity and be part of the promotion to support the project and patronage of the existing facilities.
7.2 Donewell Insurance
The Association of Methodist Men’s Fellowships has 83,221 shares in Donewell Insurance Company Limited. The Association continues to receive dividends from the company.
7.3 DAWHENYA LAND
The issue had been referred to the police and Head Office legal office is handling the encroachment.
The detail financial report would be presented at the ECEC meeting.
8.1 MENS DAY 2019
The Men’s Week for 2019 is scheduled for 13th to 19th May 2019. All Societies are to be encouraged to organize the week long Activities and raise fund towards the Kwadaso Project. On Men’s Sunday, 19th May 2019, a special thanksgiving service should be organised at all Societies. The Connexional Chairman’s message should be read (if possible by a non-Fellowship member) to the congregation after which special appeal should be made to raise funds for the continuation of the Methodist Retreat Centre Project at Kwadaso Project.
8.2 2019 DUES
Dues for the year 2019 remains the same and that is, GH¢5.00 per member. All Branches are requested to pay their dues through the Circuits and Dioceses for onward submission to the Connexion latest by the end of the first quarter (March 31, 2019).
All Diocesan Executives are being reminded and encouraged to settle their outstanding debts with respect to their Assessment, Handbooks, Men’s Day Proceeds and items collected before the ECEC meeting scheduled for May, 2019.
- NB. Please take note that Dioceses in default of assessment shall not be permitted to propose, second any candidate nor vote during elections at ECEC.
Diocesan Chairmen are kindly requested to print, email or WhatsApp copies of the NEWSLETTER to all Diocesan, Circuit and Branch Executives for the information of all members. May the Almighty God continue to bless and protect us all in 2019 and the years ahead.
FOR CHRIST: WE LIVE!